Ashlee Jae turns 2 Woodland Fairy Style

November 19, 2010, the Little Bird turned 2! 

In trying to decide what kind of party to plan for Ashlee’s 2nd party, I went to the websites of party planners extraordinaire Kate Landers, TomKat Studio, Pizzazzerie and a few others looking for ideas/inspiration.

I wanted to do a fairy theme, but not a princess fairy, more a woodland fairy and since the party would be in November, I knew I was looking uphill for ideas per se!  Most fairy parties are held outside where the fairies live… duh, right?!

So, thinking cap on, inspiration galore, I went to work.  Tulle and ribbon flew madly; silk flowers and star glitter dusted my craft room for a couple of months – all the while looking for ways to make this a birthday party to remember for my precious girl.
 
Alas, tutus made, fairy wands for each guest put together, wings decorated and face painter hired, I was about ready to go! [*Looking for a face-painter for your party?  Try your local fairs, I found ours at the Oregon State Fair].
Save the dates went out – check.  Invitations designed, made and sent out – check.  Cake ordered by BreakPoint Coffee Company – check.  What else?  Photographer!  I have learned – quickly, the value of a friendly photographer to capture your child’s precious moments!  As the parent, you don’t have time to always capture all aspects of a party, do yourself a favor and hire a photographer!  I hired the ever so lovely and talented Sandi Lovegrove.  She has been kind enough to capture the Little Bird before and I couldn’t be more pleased! 
 
As a matter of fact, it has been hard to decide what pictures to use for this blog post!  I have so many wonderful pictures; I will have to do another post – or two!
Making all the décor, food, party favors and such for a birthday can be is a lot of work; however, it is one of the most rewarding projects I have worked on to date!  Over the years, I have done many birthdays, showers, and celebration parties, and the pure delight has been getting to imagine, create and hold parties for my little girl!  Although it does wet my appetite to do more party planning and decorating!

The party was a huge success for young and younger alike -  over 50 people attended and everyone had a great time!  Ashlee received some wonderful presents and seemed to really enjoy her Birthday Party.  I heard afterwards that little girls were waiving their wands, sporting their tutus and flying around the magical world of fairies for days to come!

So, with this, Happy 2nd Birthday Little Bird, may you have a wonderful year of excitement and wonder – always know that you are so loved!  Love, Momma








Stay tuned, I will be posting the fairy wands, wings and invitations for this party in separate posts (w/some easy-peasy instructions so you can make them too!).  Thank you -- Little Birds Momma :)




















































Comments

Popular Posts